Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Thrifted Thursday (Monday)


It is Monday, I know, but I bought the blue shirt on Thursday and one of my favorite blogs, Simple Simon and Company, has Thrifted Thursdays where Liz and Elizabeth (Simple Simon and Company's coauthors) write about the fun, resewing projects they have done with thrifted items. I love seeing the amazing vintage sewing notions and quilts that they have managed to find. It is proof that crafting and shopping in general doesn't have to be expensive as long as you are up for the hunt. 

So in the process of packing and decluttering and donating to Goodwill and Dorcas, I lost track of a few school books. (It's dumb, I know). This week I ended up going back to the two thrift shops where I had donated books and dishes to go through their book shelves to see if those books had been accidentally donated. I didn't find the books at the thrift shops (they were all in an unmarked box because they didn't fit in my library box) but I found these two shirts.

I have never really owned a shirt this color of blue, but I loved the beadwork and embroidery. It is also a light linen-feel fabric that feels great in the summer. I haven't worn it yet, but it fit well and feels summery with the bright aqua.





The gray shirt was more in my realm of I-could-wear-this-easily. It's a three-quarter length sleeve cotton top from Banana Republic with a gauzy neckline. 

 


So I have two cute new summer shirts for less than five dollars and I found my school books! 


I hope you all are having a lovely summer and keeping cool. :) Happy Monday!

No comments: