Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Easter Dress Redo

 Several years ago, I randomly decided I wanted a new Easter dress. The day before Easter. I had a pattern, so I made a quick trip to Joanne's Fabrics and bought this fabric. Isn't it pretty? It's a linen blend and feels great in the warm months of summer.

I think that was three or four years ago. Needless to say, as much as I loved that dress, it didn't fit anymore. I could get into it, but then I would be stuck. The pattern was decided to just pull over your head, so there wasn't a zipper or anything to help me get out. But I still loved the fabric, so I decided to cut off the skirt and make a fun, swingy skirt out of it. 


I cut the skirt off the bodice. 


I sewed elastic into the waist. It kind of fits, but it didn't work out smoothly (hence the lack of picture). I need to find a seam ripper (which isn't at my current sewing location) and have a second try. 

Also, I was disappointed by how it didn't swing like I wanted. I think I may have to my a tulle underlining for it to poof the way I envision it should. In my head, I have this idea that it could be like an outfit from the 50s with a full skirt, a pale pink shirt with ties, a pair of heels, and a string of pearls. It would be cute for an afternoon out for an old fashioned picnic or for church. 

So, still have to finish this one. :) 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: