Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

College Omelet Recipe (playing house continued)

I realized how much I have missed having omelets everyday which I did during the school year. I was so consistent that I would just walk into the dining hall and Ms. Chavis would see me and go ahead and fix my omelet before I even got to her station. Peppers, spinach, and cheese omelet. Everyday. All year. And I loved it. My breakfast buddy thought I was crazy, but every morning she had difficulty picking something different or creative, whereas I was totally happy with what I knew was good. I love trying new foods, but you could never be sure about trying new food at the cafeteria. :) 

So I made my own version of the college omelet with what was in the refridge. 

Ingredients:
two eggs
bell pepper
green onion
shredded cheese
salsa
garlic
olive oil
pepper
any other veggies in the refridge that you want to add

Mince the bell pepper, green onion, and garlic so that you have about a handful of small pieces to sprinkle. You don't want huge chunks of veggies in your omelet, but you want them there. 

Scramble eggs in a bowl until frothy while the olive oil in the skillet is heating over medium heat. Grind some pepper in the pan before adding the eggs.

Pour eggs into heated pan. Sprinkle the minced bell pepper, green onion, and garlic onto half of the omelet. Sprinkle cheese on top of this. Spread about a tablespoon or so of salsa on top of the cheese. 

Let cook until the eggs are almost entirely set. Fold in half, let sit for about 30 more seconds, remove from pan, and enjoy!




I originally had pulled mushrooms out of the refridge to add to the omelet, but then decided that I really don't like them, so why add them to my yummy omelet? 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: