Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Knitting and Cooking Progress (More Playing House)

Yesterday I was able to knit several inches on my Baby Sophisticate sweater. Only two more inches of the body, then I'll just have the sleeves and collar left to knit. This pattern seems to run pretty small, so I'm glad I made the bigger size. I doubt it will fit the request for a 18 month size, but it will be a cute little gentleman sweater for someone's 6-12 month old. The button band will add a few more inches around, so it may be too early to judge.




I also made a fun new dinner (kind of). I roasted romaine lettuce in a cast iron skillet with olive oil, drizzled it with balsamic vinaigrette, and sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese. I served this with a few slices of a crusty Italian bread with spaghetti. 




I had tried to have some friends for dinner (food almost always tastes better with company) but it didn't work out. I'm going to be eating leftovers tomorrow. :) I ended up eating this by myself with the dog I'm watching and just having a relaxing evening before heading out to see a Christian Youth Theater Spiritual Twist production of Rapunzel. 

The play was a very encouraging reminder of waiting patiently for the Lord, trusting Him to guide and direct our steps, and that He is the only One we truly need. 


I hope you all are having a good week. 

No comments: