Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Crafting Progress and Fails

Even though today was difficult, I was able to get some therapeutic sewing time while hanging out with a sweet pit bull, Durham, and talking to a friend on the phone. 

And I'm having to lean on the promises that God made to His people in Romans 8:28-30 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order to that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."


Isn't she sweet? I took this picture yesterday when we went for a long walk at the park. 

I worked on quilting together the layers for this quilt. It went well and I am definitely making progress. I hope to finish up tacking the layers together so that I can put the binding on next. The binding is a solid black from Elegant Stitches, a cute fabric and sewing shop in Cary.  



My project failure is still cute, but not functional. Hopefully, just temporarily. It's one of those sewing kit in a mason jar. I have my thread scissors, sewing needles, thread, measuring tape, and seam ripper. My pins go in the pincushion on top that is hot glued to the lid. 

And that where the problem comes in. I followed the instructions on MomTastic but it didn't work. Ok, that's not entirely true. I tried to use superglue at first because that was what I had. For the record, there was a reason the instructions said to use hot glue gun. Superglue does not work for bonding fabric and mason lids together. 

So a friend loaned me her hot glue gun so I could do this properly. Because of the hot glue and the fabric, the lid no longer screws onto the jar. Which means I can't put the top on and actually have a secure jar to carry around. 

I found an exacto knife to try to pare down the thickness of the glue so hopefully it will work. Otherwise I will have to go buy a new lid to glue a new patch of fabric onto and try again.



I hope you all had a good Friday!

No comments: