Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Threes Baby Cardigan and Yarn Love

Here is the progress I have made of the first of this series of baby sweaters. 

It is a 0-6 month baby sweater from the In Threes Baby Cardigan pattern from Kelly Herdrich, who blogs at kellywithoutanet.wordpress.com. I am using a lovely worsted weight merino superwash from Plymouth Select. I just went and found my label hoping I could share with you the pretty color name, but it is just called 15. The color is a rich, winey-plum purple. The fabric created is soft and perfect for being worn on a baby. It can be machine washed and dried which is great for a new mom. 



Last Sunday I purchased this yarn at Downtown Knits in Apex, NC along with several other skeins of gorgeous yarn and a handful of buttons for these baby sweaters. 


This is another color of the Plymouth Select Worsted Merino Superwash for a baby boy sweater. It looks like a perfect blue jean color. The color is 22. 


I also got my first Spud and Chloe Sweater by Blue Sky Alpacas. It is 55% superwash wool and 45% organic cotton. The yarn is incredibly soft and handles well. I can't wait to knit with it. I'm planning on making a toddler girl's sweater. Spud and Chloe has a blog at www.spudandchloe.com/blog. It is a fun blog to peruse with plenty of color inspiration for children's knits. 


I also found some Berroco Vintage yarn in a dusty aqua for a toddler boy's sweater. This yarn is 50% acrylic, 40% wool, and 10% nylon. It is also machine washable (again, great for moms with busy, messy kids). 


These are the buttons I chose to go with the sweaters. 

I am still researching what pattern I want to use for my baby boy and toddler boy sweaters. The In Threes Baby Cardigan is precious, but so sweetly feminine. If any of you have a favorite, go-to baby boy sweater pattern, just leave a comment below!

Also, the Scrap Exchange is having a Knit Night tonight from 6:30-8:30 for all you local knitters and crocheters. I hope to see some of you there!

No comments: