Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Maxi Skirt (No Pattern!)

So the fabric I bought for the jumpsuit from the 1960s (here). . . well, the jumpsuit didn't happen. I realized it would require a lot more time than I had and as a moving-around college girl, a huge stash of fabric that I'm saving for "one day" when I'll have a ton of time of my hands is a bad idea. 

So I decided to make on of the super comfortable and wearable maxi skirts that I've been seeing everywhere. :) I used a maxi skirt from my closet, or rather, my suitcase, to figure out how long I need to cut my fabric. 






I made the skirt last night in probably less than an hour and I wore it today with a basic black shirt, a fun hat, and a belt from my grandmother. This will be a fun piece that I can wear now, but also in the fall with leggings and boots to keep warm. 

Happy Monday!

No comments: