Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Warm N' Fuzzy

I just went to the new Warm N' Fuzzy in downtown Cary. It is absolutely fabulous! Everything is artfully arranged with plenty of space to sit down and knit, a table for pattern exploration, and many windows which give great light to see the yarn.

The owner, Rebecca Hart, has refurbished an art gallery into a light-filled, community-oriented, yarn-love space. It is stunning!



These adorable, crocheted birds greet all the customers in the shop's front window.


They have a computer set up to help clients look up patterns on the internet. It even has a crocheted stool cover!


I love how each corner is arranged so beautifully; here is a basket of hand-dyed yarns with a crocheted giraffe and alpaca pair beside it.



The sitting area is complete with classy couch with pillows and a coffee table for the pastries from La Farm Bakery and patterns.


The owner, Rebecca, hosts Knit Night every Thursday evening from 7 to 9. I went yesterday evening and had a lovely time. I made great progress on my Boston whale baby hat. Rebecca also helped me find a pattern for slippers that a friend had requested.


Left to right: Mari, Rebecca Hart, and Caryn.  Mari's website with her own knitwear designs is www.mariknits.com.

I'll definitely be returning to Warm N' Fuzzy. Happy Knitting!

No comments: