Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More Fingerless Mitts

Fingerless mitts have been much requested this year. Here is a green pair knit from Gloss DK (from KnitPicks) from my garter stitch fingerless mitts pattern. I highly recommend Gloss. It’s a 70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk  yarn that’s very soft and bouncy. This colorway is called “Grass.” At first, I thought Grass was a little too bright, but I listened to the advice of my knitting group to go ahead and knit something with it. I loved these mitts. The grass green was wonderful and had a bit of sparkle because the silk and wool absorbed the dye differently, similar to the way real grass has so many shades of green in it. 
My sister is modeling them in these pictures. I mailed these mitts off as a Christmas gift last week. I didn’t insure the knitted gifts I mailed last week, but I really hope they all made it to their new homes. I knit them with love. I hope they keep their wearers warm. 

Merry Christmas!




No comments: