Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Hats (with an adorable model)

I crocheted this cap from a chocolate brown, DK weight cotton from the pattern Baby Flapper-Girl Hat Pattern. I donated the yellow hat (my first Flapper-Girl Hat) to Rex hospital. They try to give each newborn born at their hospital a cap hand-knit or crocheted. I had such pleasure in choosing the ribbons to coordinate with the hats. The Flapper-Girl Hat has such a nostalgic feel for me. It reminds me of a miniature version of something Violet from “It’s a Wonderful Life” might have worn. The link to the free online pattern is here
The little green hat was also donated to Rex hospital. I have knit a total of four hats to donate to the newborn nursery and I really enjoyed the process. I learned some new crocheting techniques and feel blessed that my crafting can encourage some family with a new baby.
I gave the chocolate brown hat to the newborn of a family I regularly babysit. The ribbon has cursive letters that say “I love you” in pink and brown with curly cue hearts. Isn’t she precious? She was asleep and didn’t mind modeling at all. She didn’t even wake up when her mother put the hat on. 





No comments: