Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why do I knit?

I knit to satisfy an urge to create. I love using my hands to make things and I love to give gifts, so knitting combines this. I knit to wrap my family and friends with a tangible object that will warm them and encourage them. Currently I'm busy knitting Christmas and birthday gifts for my family and friends. You will be seeing many gift projects on this blog until January when I can begin working on my personal projects. Gift knitting provides me with the opportunity to try new stitch patterns or a new yarn. I also want my gifts to be practical: something the recipient will both love and use often. I don't want the gift just sitting in a box, so I try to notice what colors the person wears, and what kind of item they would appreciate (scarves, hats, mittens, etc.). Relatives and friends have been very helpful by telling me what colors their mother or friend wears so I can create the gift for them long-distance without seeing them regularly.

I'll begin posting pictures and stories shortly. Until then, Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Caity said...

I love your reason for knitting - I feel the same. Design is my passion. Besides designing knitting accessories, I also enjoy designing websites. :^)

Caity