Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Cranberry Leaves Cowl

Last Thursday evening, I ripped out a scarf I had knit in stockinette stitch 3 years ago. At that stage, I had still rudimentary knowledge of knitting fabric and only put a few stitches in seed stitch on either edge. The fabric curled horribly. The yarn was over-spun so it tilted the fabric (in a flat piece). That problem was solved when worked in the round.

I think this cotton-blend cowl will be perfect for my friend. She likes scarves, and the temperatures drop at night, but not enough to want some seriously fuzzy wool. I love this pattern. Right now (probably because it’s fall), I’m obsessed with leaf patterns, so it was a very satisfying knit. I’ve been mulling over the idea of using this stitch pattern in a hat. I haven’t figured out how to do the decreases for the crown yet.

So this was a very fulfilled project: beautiful and soft, especially for those who aren't used to a crunchy, fuzzy wool. I’ll definitely be using the Take it or Leaf it Cowl pattern again. Great quick knit for Christmas presents. I’m still debating with myself whether EVERY cousin needs something handmade. If they do, I’m in for a lot of knitting!

I never had a tag for this yarn, so I don’t know what exactly it is. It feels like cotton, but it might have been blended with something else. Here in the pictures I am modeling the Cranberry Leaves Cowl, with my sisters doing the photography.



Happy Knitting!

No comments: