Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crafting Alphabet: A

A is for the autumn light filtering through the changing trees.

Grayness has descended on ECU's campus, with a light, cold drizzle. The autumn colors are not as brilliant as they were in the sunshine from a few days ago, but they're comforting splashes of color against a white sky and the gray cement. 

Below is the view from my window. I've really enjoyed watching this huge tree change colors. 



A is for apples in season.


My apple, my favorite fingerless mitts, and my view. 

I hand-dyed the yarn for these mitts in a dyeing class. I couldn't decide between the colors silver, brown, beige, pink, and blue, so my instructor let me use them all, even though I was supposed to pick three. 

The pattern was a simple, fun pattern from One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit or Crochet by Leigh Radford. It's become one of my easy go-to pattern for gift knitting because they fit almost anyone's hands easily and they are fun to make. 





What are you doing this gray, autumn day?

No comments: