Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Baby Bonnet

Here are several pictures of my favorite baby wearing hand knits I’ve given to her. I gave this bonnet to her mother at her baby shower. She so quickly filled this lavender bonnet, so it was a little difficult squeezing her back into her it. She’s at the wonderful stage of babyhood when she’s learning how to clap and wave. She posed beautifully and giggled the whole time. 

In the background of the photos of Baby Cutie in her bonnet, there's a beautiful hand knit blanket knit in the feather and fan stitch. I didn't make it, but the mother of Cutie wanted to use it as a background. I might try to get more focused pictures (with one hand knit per picture) but I really love seeing them together. Cutie put on a great performance during the photo shoot, smiling, clapping, and waving. She's probably the most kissable baby ever. . . but I digress. 

The bonnet was knit with 50% silk, 50% Merino wool from an Australian yarn called Dawn, I think. This bonnet was another one of those lace and leaves bonnets. I purchased the pattern at Great Yarns in Raleigh. I definitely have gotten good use out of this pattern. I have made four of them. They are cute as buttons, but attaching the cord to tie the bonnet is a pain. 

Occasionally, the ends work themselves loose and I just have to reattach them. There has to be a better way for a bonnet to tie. I have an unfinished bonnet that I believe I will use a white ribbon with instead of the obnoxious twisted yarn cords I've made for all the others. Although I'm kind of tired of making the bonnets, seeing them of Cutie makes me love them enough to make more. 

But probably not for a while.








No comments: