Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Psalm 121 I lift My Eyes Up


Psalm 121/Poetry writing during mountain trip

The stoney craig reaches up to
A summer blue sky covered with
Cotton ball white clouds

I lift my eyes up to the hills

Peace washes over me as the
Creek gurgles over broken stones,
Smoothing over rough edges for years.

From where my help comes.

God settles my spirit,
Smoothing my fears and rough edges
Inviting me to see His beauty.

My help comes from the LORD.

Cut off from the rush and noise and pain
Of life, I find rest in
The grassy meadows and piney woods.

Who made heaven and earth.

Caterpillars creep through grass
Preparing for transformation
To glorified beauty.

He will not let your foot be moved.

Birds of the air flock about
Gathering weeds to build nests
In the blooming, leafing trees.

He who keeps you will not slumber.

I can rest, release, relax,
Star-gaze, creek-wade, read,
Pray and give my griefs to God.

Behold He who keeps Israel will not slumber nor sleep.

I can sleep and release control
Because He never sleeps, because He
Never forgets or lets me go.


No comments: