Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Crafting Alphabet C: Christmas

As Christmas approaches, I want to have a focus on why we celebrate Christmas. Not the panic or stress of Christmas shopping, buying gifts that will put me in debt, but focusing on God's grace in my life. I don't deserve His daily mercies that are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23 says: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness." 

As finals press closer and stress builds, I try to take a few minutes every day to knit a few rows, read my Bible, breathe. 

Over Thanksgiving break, I had a wonderful time visiting with family and got to go on a few walks through the park near my home.



Here's my sister modeling the blue hat I knit this summer from New England Knits with a swirly, fluffy scarf that I learned to knit this week. I didn't make that particular scarf, I made another like it. It's fun to see my sister layer on the hand knits for the winter weather.



My other sister happily modeled the beret from last week on this blog. 







When I returned to school, I put up some little white lights and put a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree in my window. I made Christmas wreaths with friends a few weeks ago while singing Christmas carols together.






I'm currently working on a pair of gray hand warmers. Pictures will follow. 

In the meantime, please leave a comment about what you're doing for crafts, reading, or any other traditions this Christmas season. Are you making your Christmas gifts? Knitting? Any other crafts? What are ways that you and your family celebrate Christmas? I love to hear new ideas, so leave a comment!

No comments: