Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

3am Cable Hat in Dusty Rose

This hat was my first cabled project. I used Smariek’s 3am cable hat http://smariek.blogspot.com/2006/01/chemo-hat-8-completed-3am-blue-cable.html to learn to cable. Her tutorial at this link was extremely helpful, and since then, I have loved cables. I knit this hat about three years ago, with Caron’s Simply Soft. Although I now do not enjoy working with synthetic fibers as much as natural ones, I love this Dusty Rose color. Here the hat is modeled by a little friend of mine. At the time, this pattern was quite a challenge for me, learning to decrease two ways and cabling, but now I repeat this pattern for a quick, simple, and fast hat pattern that still is very cute. The cables and ribs help "hug" the head, so it doesn't fall off, or get stretched out as quickly as some other stitch patterns.

Note to knitters: over the past years of pretty frequent use, the acrylic has lost some of its stretch, whereas the same pattern in 100% wools have retained their elasticity.





She was enjoying her wooden paddle ball while I tried to take photos.

No comments: